Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spacebar to enlarge photos not working with Mojave

Since updating to the new Majave IOS (10.14), photos no longer enlarge when hitting the spacebar within the Photos App. When I do I also get a sound that's indicating not available (I'm assuming). I have to now dbl click to enlarge and reduce back to a thumbnail.

All my photos are stored locally on my 27" iMac (late 2012)

Hitting the spacebar for any other "quick look" function within finder works fine

iMac, Majave 10.14 iMac 27" Late 2012

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 1:24 PM

what genius would do this? crazy, maybe who ever decided to do this, we take away something he/she have done for a better part of ever, and change it, and don't tell them about it... make them search for it.

10 replies

Nov 2, 2018 9:01 PM in response to waynefrommccrae

I don't like it. Years' worth of muscle memory to unlearn. Plus it's inconsistent with the way QuickLook works in the finder. My guess is that it's so Spacebar can mean "play" and "pause" while working on videos. But videos are not the primary thing I manage in Photos. It's photos! I'd love to see a preference added, or maybe an entire "workspace" (complete with its own keyboard shortcuts) specifically for working in videos.

Spacebar to enlarge photos not working with Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.