Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 12.0 update fail: (tele)phone screen frozen: keypad / voicemail inaccessible

Just updated to IOS 12.0 today on my iPhone 6. SERIOUS PROBLEM that I haven't seen described elsewhere:

The (tele)phone screen is frozen; currently stuck on RECENTS (calls) / ALL, and will not scroll up or down or respond to clicks from (tele)phone screen to VOICEMAIL, CONTACTS, or KEYPAD. Similarly, there is no access to FAVORITES, or MISSED, or INFO (about specific calls), or EDIT. All these normal usages have been rendered useless thanks to the 12.0 update.

As for actual telephone calls, I cannot use the KEYPAD to dial a number, but I can make calls to my contacts (only) by going through CONTACTS on the main screen. I can receive incoming calls. Incoming calls are logged in the RECENTS but I cannot access any info about these calls. Outgoing calls (only going through my CONTACTS of course) are logged. VOICEMAIL is not logged in the RECENTS; presumably all post-12.0 update VOICEMAIL is being lost.

No other loss of functionality about this previously perfectly functional iPhone 6 has been noticed. PLEASE HELP!

IOS version 12.0 (16A366)

Model iPhone 6 (A1586)

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 8:13 PM

BACK TO NORMAL (but who knows for how long?) -- Whereas I had turned off and turned back on the iPhone about 5 or 6 times today (and in one of those instances I kept the phone off for about an HOUR), I just now turned it off and back on again and the phone app is functioning normally.

😕

3 replies

Oct 6, 2018 7:43 AM in response to neil mendoza1

By some miracle mine "thawed" on its own after about 12 hours. I was going to take it to the Apple Store the next day but THANKFULLY the phone app "woke up."

My iPhone has almost NO apps installed (seriously), so I would be unable to explain how there could have been a conflict between the phone app vs. anything else.

Moral: download new OS at your peril and start praying... 😐

IOS 12.0 update fail: (tele)phone screen frozen: keypad / voicemail inaccessible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.