Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I permantly delete books from my account!

how do I get rid of some books permantly from my account I want them gone never to be seen again

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 5:16 AM

2 replies

Sep 30, 2018 11:30 AM in response to judblitch2000

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, judblitch2000!

I understand you want help deleting books from your purchases. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you out.

While permanently deleting purchases is not possible, you do have the option of hiding them. Use these steps: Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books

Books

You can hide and unhide books in Apple Books on a Mac.

Hide books

1. Open Books, then click Book Store.
  2. Under Quick Links on the right side of the Book Store, click Purchased.
    User uploaded file
  3. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password or use Touch ID.
  4. Scroll to find the item that you want to hide. You might need to click All to see all of your purchases. Hold your pointer over the item and look for the X icon User uploaded file in the upper-left corner. Click the User uploaded file icon.
    User uploaded file

The first time you hide a purchase, you'll need to confirm that you want to hide it. You might not see this message the next time that you hide a purchase.

User uploaded file

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Nov 11, 2018 4:29 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Useless. What is it with Apple that you cannot delete books or Apps permanently? How hard is this for the coders to implement? I just do not get this. You put time into creating the "hide" option but it seems impossible to create an Delete option? Apple is turning into a mess and this is from someone who still is, but losing patients fast, Apple lover.

How do I permantly delete books from my account!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.