Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime app not showing

facetime app is not showing..

I bought iphone 6s in qatar and was using facetime app with qatar's sim number and it was visible and working. But since when I got back to India, the app itself is not showing on screen (I am using India sim number).

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 8:06 AM

iPhones with AB/ or AE/ in their model numbers will only have FaceTime when a Middle Eastern SIM card is installed, not including Israeli or UAE ones.

iPhones with AH/ in their model numbers will have FaceTime worldwide. Ones originating from Qatar after the ban on FaceTime was lifted may fall into this category.

All of these originated from Qatar or other Middle Eastern countries(not including Israel).

An iPhone with letters other than AB, AE, or AH just before the slash didn’t originate from Qatar. An Israeli iPhone will have HB as the letters.

(164668)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2018 8:06 AM in response to pratik.dhamdhere

iPhones with AB/ or AE/ in their model numbers will only have FaceTime when a Middle Eastern SIM card is installed, not including Israeli or UAE ones.

iPhones with AH/ in their model numbers will have FaceTime worldwide. Ones originating from Qatar after the ban on FaceTime was lifted may fall into this category.

All of these originated from Qatar or other Middle Eastern countries(not including Israel).

An iPhone with letters other than AB, AE, or AH just before the slash didn’t originate from Qatar. An Israeli iPhone will have HB as the letters.

(164668)

Sep 29, 2018 6:16 AM in response to kb1951

For your information I was able use FaceTime in Qatar and it is not restricted in that country. (Was using Qatar SIM card)

I think you did not get the problem right.

Now I want to use FaceTime in India where the same app again is not restricted. I am using Indian SIM card and app is not visible. And Indian carriers support FaceTime app.

But as soon as I put Qatar sim back(I am physically still in India), app is visible on screen.

Hope you understood the problem?

FaceTime app not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.