Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did #images disappear to??!?? Help!!!!

I noticed my #images wasn’t working when I was not on wi fi. I tried looking into help for this and support mentioned to delete it from the iMessage tray and add it again. Well I deleted it and now it doesn’t even come up on any search for me to re add!!! Please help! I’m in the USA and my region is correct so I don’t see any reason for this not to work unless here’s a bug in the update or something. I updated last night. Help I need my iMessage gif’s!!!!

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 7:24 PM

Hello MSUgirl05,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that #images was not working as expected on your iPhone over cellular data, and you are also unable to add it back to your app drawer. You've come to the right place for help.

Let's start by trying to add #images back to your app drawer following the steps here:

Send and save GIFs on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, you'll want to look for it under 'More' instead of the Messages App Store:

If #images is missing from app drawer

Make sure that the #images app is enabled:

1. From the app drawer, swipe left, then tap User uploaded file.
  2. Tap Edit, then tap User uploaded file to add the #images app.

Make sure that your keyboard is set to a supported language and region. Go to Settings > General and tap Language & Region.

The #images app is available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, India, Singapore, Philippines, and Japan.

Once you are able to add #images back to your app drawer, check that cellular data has been enabled for the app as well from Settings > Cellular > HashtagImages. Let us know what happens from here.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2018 7:24 PM in response to MSUgirl05

Hello MSUgirl05,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that #images was not working as expected on your iPhone over cellular data, and you are also unable to add it back to your app drawer. You've come to the right place for help.

Let's start by trying to add #images back to your app drawer following the steps here:

Send and save GIFs on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, you'll want to look for it under 'More' instead of the Messages App Store:

If #images is missing from app drawer

Make sure that the #images app is enabled:

1. From the app drawer, swipe left, then tap User uploaded file.
  2. Tap Edit, then tap User uploaded file to add the #images app.

Make sure that your keyboard is set to a supported language and region. Go to Settings > General and tap Language & Region.

The #images app is available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, India, Singapore, Philippines, and Japan.

Once you are able to add #images back to your app drawer, check that cellular data has been enabled for the app as well from Settings > Cellular > HashtagImages. Let us know what happens from here.

Cheers!

Where did #images disappear to??!?? Help!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.