Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPHONE Xs max is not charging

My IPHONE Xs max is charging,when I plug my lighting cable in my phone I need a solution for this

iPhone Xs Max, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 8:17 AM

This is a known issue with the iPhone Xs series, the issue will be fixed in a software update. To fix it temporarely Go into Settings, FaceID and Passcode, scroll down to "Allow access when locked" and turn on USB Accessories.

22 replies

Sep 29, 2018 8:02 AM in response to praveen159

See this support guide:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

If you get no help, even after changing charger and/or lightning cable (to no avail), since your device is brand new, have it inspected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Oct 1, 2018 4:42 PM in response to praveen159

Mine does it regardless of it it's with a car charger or a small OEM brick or a larger iPad OEM brick with multiple OEM cables. The phone has to be locked with the screen off for some period of time (less than an hour but more than 5 minutes -- I haven't figured out exactly how long). Then it won't charge. It will start charging if I raise to wake. This doesn't happen to my non-Max XS.

This is pretty annoying because I've been caught a few times thinking it was charging and then finding out that my phone was still almost dead when I needed to be aware from a charger. I hope a software fix is announced soon, otherwise I'm going to the Genius bar. Either they will have to say it's just my device and replace the phone or they have to admit there is a widespread problem and fix everyone's phone through a software update.

Oct 2, 2018 2:50 AM in response to praveen159

A closer investigation and I finally discovered that the "Raise to wake" option only solves the immediate "idle" issue. Now after a few seconds (over 30 secs, I think), the problem comes back and is not solved by any other option ("Raise to wake" or "USB Acessories"). The only option that I ended up working, was the use of a "Fast Charger" (Macbook Pro, for example). It seems to me that we'll have to wait for the iOS update.

My IPHONE Xs max is not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.