Announcement: Announcing the newest addition to Apple Support Communities, Apple Arcade!

If you have a question or knowledge to share with the community, we want to hear from you.

Announcement: Update to iOS 13

Get a whole new look with Dark Mode and a redesigned Photos app. Get iOS 13.

Related Article

iPhone Battery and Performance

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My IPHONE Xs max is not charging

My IPHONE Xs max is charging,when I plug my lighting cable in my phone I need a solution for this

iPhone Xs Max, iOS 12

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Sep 29, 2018 8:02 AM in response to praveen159 In response to praveen159

See this support guide:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

If you get no help, even after changing charger and/or lightning cable (to no avail), since your device is brand new, have it inspected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Sep 29, 2018 8:02 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Sep 29, 2018 8:17 AM in response to praveen159 In response to praveen159

This is a known issue with the iPhone Xs series, the issue will be fixed in a software update. To fix it temporarely Go into Settings, FaceID and Passcode, scroll down to "Allow access when locked" and turn on USB Accessories.

Sep 29, 2018 8:17 AM

Reply Helpful (5)

Sep 29, 2018 8:41 AM in response to praveen159 In response to praveen159

After watching “Unbox Therapy” on YouTube this morning 9/29, this a WIDE-SPREAD issue and a MAJOR ONE at that... aka “charging-gate”.

Apple has not responded as of yet. Hope this is a software issue. Make sure phone is “awake” when plugging in lightening cable for now

Sep 29, 2018 8:41 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Sep 29, 2018 8:49 AM in response to ParadiseEarth In response to ParadiseEarth

This is not really an issue after all. The phone recognizes the charging cable as a USB accessory. The issue is, by default the toggle switch is set to off instead of on under Face ID/ Allow access when locked/ USB Accessory

Sep 29, 2018 8:49 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Sep 30, 2018 8:43 AM in response to krish152 In response to krish152

Are those of you experiencing this using Apple chargers or those from a third party?

Charging from the Lightning port should work without the need to enable USB accessories, and that’s the way it works with my XS Max, so I’m just trying to see if we can put parameters around the issue.

Sep 30, 2018 8:43 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: praveen159

Question: My IPHONE Xs max is not charging