Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since update , i’ve Lost access to over 80 of my audiobooks?

i updated phone to ios12, when I went into books to listen to my newest audiobooks , the changes had consolidated my old collection from over 90 books , down to just 12.

I cant find any evidence of all my old books.

this is unsettling to me as I have spent a considerable amount of money through iTunes audiobooks to get this collection, and I often re listen to books over again multiple times.

What do do I need to do to retreive my old books?

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 6:00 PM

Hello F.Dostoyevsky,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that certain audiobooks are no longer showing in Apple Books on your iPhone. It's important that you're able to locate and listen to your audiobooks when you want. You've come to the right place for help.

I would like to start by having you tap the Library tab at the bottom of the Apple Books app. Tap Collections towards the top of your screen, then select Audiobooks. If you do not see your missing audiobooks, the next step would be to redownload them following the steps here:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

Specifically use the steps in this section:

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Apple Books app.
  2. Tap User uploaded file or your photo in the upper-right corner of the screen.
  3. Depending on what you want to redownload, tap Books or Audiobooks under My Purchases.
  4. Tap "Not on this [device]," then tap All Books or All Audiobooks.
  5. Find the book or audiobook that you want to download, then tap User uploaded file . The item downloads to your device. Don't see the item that you purchased?
    User uploaded file

To view additional information about using the new Apple Books app, visit the following link:

Read books and more with Apple Books - Apple Support

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2018 6:00 PM in response to F.Dostoyevsky

Hello F.Dostoyevsky,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that certain audiobooks are no longer showing in Apple Books on your iPhone. It's important that you're able to locate and listen to your audiobooks when you want. You've come to the right place for help.

I would like to start by having you tap the Library tab at the bottom of the Apple Books app. Tap Collections towards the top of your screen, then select Audiobooks. If you do not see your missing audiobooks, the next step would be to redownload them following the steps here:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

Specifically use the steps in this section:

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Apple Books app.
  2. Tap User uploaded file or your photo in the upper-right corner of the screen.
  3. Depending on what you want to redownload, tap Books or Audiobooks under My Purchases.
  4. Tap "Not on this [device]," then tap All Books or All Audiobooks.
  5. Find the book or audiobook that you want to download, then tap User uploaded file . The item downloads to your device. Don't see the item that you purchased?
    User uploaded file

To view additional information about using the new Apple Books app, visit the following link:

Read books and more with Apple Books - Apple Support

Cheers!

Since update , i’ve Lost access to over 80 of my audiobooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.