Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave freezes on login screen

Hi

After updating and installing successfully Mojave on my mac book pro, My system freezes on the login screen and I have to power off my mac via power button. But if I leave system for some minutes and lock my mac, the system will freeze on the login screen when I want to enter password,

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 4:22 PM

First see if you can boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode. If that works try to reboot normally.

If still unsuccessful boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down), select Disk Utility and run First Aid on the drive. Reboot normally.

If still unsuccessful, again boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down) and reinstall the system.

User uploaded file

49 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2018 4:22 PM in response to MimHe

First see if you can boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode. If that works try to reboot normally.

If still unsuccessful boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down), select Disk Utility and run First Aid on the drive. Reboot normally.

If still unsuccessful, again boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down) and reinstall the system.

User uploaded file

Nov 20, 2018 5:59 AM in response to bkb588

I logged a support request to Apple - on the chat, they asked if I had the latest update - The update was labeled as FaceTime and emoji features - but they also said there may be some bug fixes included. I was doubtful, since this was a pretty specific bug, and I would have expected to have read about it somewhere.....

In any case. I upgraded to 10.14.1.....and I haven't had a recurrence in a week. For me, it's been fixed.

iMac 21.5 Late 2013

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

16GB RAM

Nov 20, 2018 3:37 PM in response to taylorgtr

Unfortunately I’m already on the latest Mojave update. The reinstall of Mojave wasn’t a full wipe/reinstall so I’m not sure if something was corrupted when upgrading from High Sierra. Thank you for your response but this issue still needs to be looked into by development. Hopefully they push out an update soon that fixes this issue.

Mojave freezes on login screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.