Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what will happen if my subscription will expire? will i be able to go back to downloading apps without them asking to pay for the app i did not want to pay for?

so i guess i wanted to try these two apps since flipagram didn't exist anymore and so when they said these apps were on free trial i wanted to try it out so i did then i guess they wanted my card so that it'll pay automatically when the bill is up. but ever since i canceled my subscription it wont let me download any apps it says that something is wrong with my billing info... why must i pay for something i did not use? can you please reslove the issue... what will happen if my subcription expires?

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 9:49 AM

The prompt I am getting is “ there is a billing problem with a previous purchase.” And I guess it won’t let me download any apps until I pay for that app?

If that is the message that you are getting, and assuming that is the app that you owe iTunes for, then yes, you won't be able to download anything else until it's paid.

I try putting in my card but it says declined. I’d it because i took the money out of it?

Not sure what the second part of that is supposed to mean, but if the card is declined you are unlikely to be able to use it with iTunes, unless its' the card issuer declining it for iTunes, or there is an error which you can correct (e.g. if the card's registered address doesn't match what's on the iTunes account). If iTunes is attempting to take money from the card you might see : About payment card authorisation holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

can i get out of that subscription and never have to pay for that app again once I pay for the bill I guess

You can stop a subscription from auto-renewing : View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2018 9:49 AM in response to jerimil

The prompt I am getting is “ there is a billing problem with a previous purchase.” And I guess it won’t let me download any apps until I pay for that app?

If that is the message that you are getting, and assuming that is the app that you owe iTunes for, then yes, you won't be able to download anything else until it's paid.

I try putting in my card but it says declined. I’d it because i took the money out of it?

Not sure what the second part of that is supposed to mean, but if the card is declined you are unlikely to be able to use it with iTunes, unless its' the card issuer declining it for iTunes, or there is an error which you can correct (e.g. if the card's registered address doesn't match what's on the iTunes account). If iTunes is attempting to take money from the card you might see : About payment card authorisation holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

can i get out of that subscription and never have to pay for that app again once I pay for the bill I guess

You can stop a subscription from auto-renewing : View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Sep 30, 2018 9:38 AM in response to King_Penguin

The prompt I am getting is “ there is a billing problem with a previous purchase.” And I guess it won’t let me download any apps until I pay for that app? I try putting in my card but it says declined. I’d it because i took the money out of it? Cause my question is once I pay the bill i guess i have to pay.. can i get out of that subscription and never have to pay for that app again once I pay for the bill I guess.. cause I’m never going to use that app.

Sep 30, 2018 9:31 AM in response to jerimil

What is the text of the message/prompt that you are getting, why do you think it's related to the subscription ? Why do you think that you are being asked to pay for something ? Obviously when you have payment details on an account they have to be valid details and continue to pass the iTunes validation.

what will happen if my subcription expires?

If your payment details are no longer being accepted by iTunes a subscription expiring is extremely unlikely to make any difference.

what will happen if my subscription will expire? will i be able to go back to downloading apps without them asking to pay for the app i did not want to pay for?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.