Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos

Editing in my photo library is working very slow, especially retouching. I was trying to create a new photo library, holding an options button, but my old photo library with important photos is suddenly disappeared. How can I restore it?

Thank you, Igor

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 2:49 PM

Hello IgorK1956,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Photos. It sounds like you created a new Photos Library. To switch between Photo Libraries, Quit Photos and hold option again. This is also the way to designate a System Photo Library. This article talks about this stating: Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support

If you have multiple photo libraries on your Mac, you can choose one to be the System Photo Library. The System Photo Library is the only library that can be used with iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Photo Sharing, and My Photo Stream.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2018 2:49 PM in response to IgorK1956

Hello IgorK1956,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Photos. It sounds like you created a new Photos Library. To switch between Photo Libraries, Quit Photos and hold option again. This is also the way to designate a System Photo Library. This article talks about this stating: Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support

If you have multiple photo libraries on your Mac, you can choose one to be the System Photo Library. The System Photo Library is the only library that can be used with iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Photo Sharing, and My Photo Stream.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.