Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fill across sheets in number

i have income table in one sheet and expense table in another sheet and the amount of every transaction are divided for 15 person with deferent shares

User uploaded file

every person have his sheet with table including credit column and debit column

and i want when i write a new transaction in the income or expense the divided number for each person fill across in there sheets and they don't use the same row for debit and credit

i hope i make that clear because i try but nothing help and you are my last hope

User uploaded file

i want the data to move like this.

if the credit cell used then write the next debit in a new rowUser uploaded file

null-OTHER, iOS 11.4.1, numbers

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 1:24 PM

Hi saeedoom,

"is there a formula that transferring the data and if a chosen cell used "<=0" then it moves the data to a new row. 🙂"

Each formula sets the value only in the cell that it occupies, and cannot use the value in that cell to determine the value in that cell. Attempting that will produce a self reference error.

In the example below, there are two tables. The Transaction table is used for recording each transaction and for calculation the share going to or due from each individual.

P1 is an example of the summary table for each individual.

User uploaded file

Transactions:

The table contains one Header row, used to hold the labels for each column.

Columns A, B, C and D contain entered data.

The descriptions in column B cold be placed in a pop-up menu. I would suggest avoiding the … description. The description should give a reminder/memory jogger to the person entering the data which type of transaction (debit or credit) this is.

Each transaction is recorded on a separate row of the table. Expenses are recorded (as positive values) in column C; Income transactions are recorded (also as positive values) in column D. As each transaction is recorded on a separate line, no row will display amounts in both of these columns.

Debits are entered in column C as positive values. I used a 'red text' format as a visual clue that the values in this column are expenses.

Income items are entered in column D.

The rest of the columns in this table are calculated, using the formulas below.

E2, F2 and G2:

E2: ($D2−$C2)÷6

F2: ($D2−$C2)÷13.2

G2: ($D2−$C2)÷26.4

Each formula is filled down it's respective column to the bottom row of the table.

As column C OR column D will be empty in any given row, the first part of the formula will return either the amount in column D or the amount (as a negative number) in column C. Whichever is returned is multiplied (or in this case, divided) by the value applying to this person's share of income and expenses.

H2: SUM(E2,F2×2,G2×2)

This is obviously not the formula you have used, as yours returns the same amount as in column C or D of the same row. The sum here is of the share in this row of column E, twice the amount in column F and twice the amount in column G, following the perceived distribution implied in your original table.

P1:

The table summarizes the credit and debit amounts for Person 1, and calculates a running balance in column E.

The table has two header rows, one for the column labels, the second to hold the starting balance in column E and the identity of the person associated with the table in A1. (The content of A1 is not used in the formulas.)

Formulas:

A3: Transactions::A2

Filled right to B2, then both filled down to the bottom row of their respective columns.

Each formula returns the value from the cell one row above it in the same column of Transactions.

C3, D3

C3: IF(Transactions::E2<0,Transactions::E2,"")

D3: IF(Transactions::E2>0,Transactions::E2,"")

The first collects the debit values for this person into column C.

The second collects the credit values into column D.

0 values and empty cells return a null string to both columns.

E3: IF(LEN(C3&D3)<1,"",SUM($E$1,C$3:C3,D$3:D3))

The core part of the formula (shown in bold) sums the initial balance in E1, the negative) debit amounts to 'this row' of column C and the (positive) credit amounts to 'this row' of column D.

The rest of the formula (shown in normal type) measures the LENgth of the displayed values in 'this row' of columns C and D. IF the combined length (in characters) is less than 1, both are 'empty', and the formula returns a null string. If there is at least one character in one of the two columns, the SUM is clculated, and the current balance is returned to the cell.

Edits for each person:

The formulas in C3 and D3 must be edited for each person, changing the column (E) to the column containing the share information for 'this' person. Both formulas must then be filled down to the rest of their columns.

Regards,

Barry

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2018 1:24 PM in response to saeedoom

Hi saeedoom,

"is there a formula that transferring the data and if a chosen cell used "<=0" then it moves the data to a new row. 🙂"

Each formula sets the value only in the cell that it occupies, and cannot use the value in that cell to determine the value in that cell. Attempting that will produce a self reference error.

In the example below, there are two tables. The Transaction table is used for recording each transaction and for calculation the share going to or due from each individual.

P1 is an example of the summary table for each individual.

User uploaded file

Transactions:

The table contains one Header row, used to hold the labels for each column.

Columns A, B, C and D contain entered data.

The descriptions in column B cold be placed in a pop-up menu. I would suggest avoiding the … description. The description should give a reminder/memory jogger to the person entering the data which type of transaction (debit or credit) this is.

Each transaction is recorded on a separate row of the table. Expenses are recorded (as positive values) in column C; Income transactions are recorded (also as positive values) in column D. As each transaction is recorded on a separate line, no row will display amounts in both of these columns.

Debits are entered in column C as positive values. I used a 'red text' format as a visual clue that the values in this column are expenses.

Income items are entered in column D.

The rest of the columns in this table are calculated, using the formulas below.

E2, F2 and G2:

E2: ($D2−$C2)÷6

F2: ($D2−$C2)÷13.2

G2: ($D2−$C2)÷26.4

Each formula is filled down it's respective column to the bottom row of the table.

As column C OR column D will be empty in any given row, the first part of the formula will return either the amount in column D or the amount (as a negative number) in column C. Whichever is returned is multiplied (or in this case, divided) by the value applying to this person's share of income and expenses.

H2: SUM(E2,F2×2,G2×2)

This is obviously not the formula you have used, as yours returns the same amount as in column C or D of the same row. The sum here is of the share in this row of column E, twice the amount in column F and twice the amount in column G, following the perceived distribution implied in your original table.

P1:

The table summarizes the credit and debit amounts for Person 1, and calculates a running balance in column E.

The table has two header rows, one for the column labels, the second to hold the starting balance in column E and the identity of the person associated with the table in A1. (The content of A1 is not used in the formulas.)

Formulas:

A3: Transactions::A2

Filled right to B2, then both filled down to the bottom row of their respective columns.

Each formula returns the value from the cell one row above it in the same column of Transactions.

C3, D3

C3: IF(Transactions::E2<0,Transactions::E2,"")

D3: IF(Transactions::E2>0,Transactions::E2,"")

The first collects the debit values for this person into column C.

The second collects the credit values into column D.

0 values and empty cells return a null string to both columns.

E3: IF(LEN(C3&D3)<1,"",SUM($E$1,C$3:C3,D$3:D3))

The core part of the formula (shown in bold) sums the initial balance in E1, the negative) debit amounts to 'this row' of column C and the (positive) credit amounts to 'this row' of column D.

The rest of the formula (shown in normal type) measures the LENgth of the displayed values in 'this row' of columns C and D. IF the combined length (in characters) is less than 1, both are 'empty', and the formula returns a null string. If there is at least one character in one of the two columns, the SUM is clculated, and the current balance is returned to the cell.

Edits for each person:

The formulas in C3 and D3 must be edited for each person, changing the column (E) to the column containing the share information for 'this' person. Both formulas must then be filled down to the rest of their columns.

Regards,

Barry

Oct 2, 2018 1:46 PM in response to Barry

Hi Barry

I can make income and expense in one table no problem with that and the shares are the same for income and expense for every person.

The thing i need to do to fill across persons tables when i write a transaction in the new table "income & expense" and when there is a debit transaction after a credit transaction i need it to go to a new row and not the same row that have the last credit transaction. like this picture User uploaded file

I rather to have one table for each person for all in/out transaction than to have a separate table for each transaction.

is there a formula that transferring the data and if a chosen cell used "<=0" then it moves the data to a new row. 🙂

I think i need a combined formulas like if and so on

It became like a riddle for me

I hope that we can solve it

best regards

saeed

Oct 6, 2018 1:51 PM in response to Barry

Hi barry

I try to do something like this but i have some problems

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

in start the formula not updating for new rows i need to copy it every time i make new row all other formulas copied to new row only the IF LEN how to make it updating by it self

User uploaded file

and the second problem i have the new transfer share column when i make new transaction it move the description and the date to every table how to make it only for the one i need User uploaded file

i will keep trying if i have any luck and if you have a better way i will appreciate it

Oct 3, 2018 1:24 PM in response to saeedoom

Hi saeedooom,

The difficulty here is mostly due to keeping some transactions (in) on one table and some transactions (out) on a second table.

The issue would be greatly simplified by recording ALL transactions on a single table, then transferring the 'shares' of each transaction to the individual tables for each person, and using two Summary tables, one to collect the in transactions and the other to collect the out transactions.

Are the shares the same for income and expense amounts, or is each person's share of expenses different from that person's share of income?

Are the shares the same for income from all sources, or do they differ, depending on where/what the income comes from?

Are the shares the same for all expenses, or do they vary, depending on where the payout is going?

Regards,

Barry

Oct 3, 2018 1:20 PM in response to Barry

Hi barry

you are a genius

I'm thankful to you for the time you took to help me

you solved my problem with examples and very beautiful and easy guide

full mark for you 🙂

"one more thing"

and if you are tired from me feel free to not answer 🙂

is there any way to include in the persons table "P1" Manually way to record debit and credit because some transaction are related to one person only and i can't include it in the transaction table.

I tried to record a debit in the P1 and when i record a new debit transaction in the transaction table that have the same row the amount not transfer to p1

any way you really made me happy with the result i got

Oct 3, 2018 9:38 PM in response to saeedoom

Hi Saeed,

Depending where you have the 'standard' proportions recorded, you may be able to add a column to the transactions table in which to place a key which would direct calculations of the shares to the

'normal' distribution or assign 100% of the amount to a single individual.

Initial recording of thes transactions would continue to be done on the Transaction table.

Determining how to do that would require a more complete description of the underlying structure of your tables.

Regards,

Barry

Oct 12, 2018 12:26 AM in response to saeedoom

Hi Saeed,

Was working on a couple of other complex questions yesterday and tonight, so no time to get to this one. Possibly tomorrow. Tonight, just some notes and questions.

Where are the proportions assigned to each person specified? It may be possible to edit a formula to assign a 0,0,100,…distribution under these circumstances.

Your Transaction table lists "Transfer from his shares" but identifies "him" only by the column in which the negative amount is shown. As this is an entered amount, it breaks the continuity of the formula in this column, which is why the formula will not auto-fill into new rules.

The table,as set up, has a one-to-one correspondence between the Transaction table and each of the personal summary tables. With that setup, every row in Transactions will result in a corresponding row in each person's summary. Rows where the transaction does not affect an individual can show blank cells, a zero result, or an "n/a" (not applicable) text value.

The summary tables could be filtered to hide 'zero' rows, but that might cause confusion due to the missing row number.

Regards,

Barry

Oct 12, 2018 12:42 PM in response to Barry

Hi barry

i have three kind of transactions

the first two transactions are incomes and expenses and have the same ratio for

1 Mother (amount / 6)

7 boys (amount / 13.2)

8 girls (amount / 26.4)

amountmotherboy1boy2boy3boy4boy5boy6boy7girl 1girl2girl3girl4girl5girl6girl7girl8

all 16 person have the same ratio for all incomes and expenses.

and i have the transfer transactions, this one some time will divided the amount / 3 for three person (33.33)

amountboy 3boy5boy7

and some are only for one person (100 %)

amountboy3

this one i can put manually or i think i will need a list in the transfers shares to choose what to do with the amount and to whom

i new to the numbers app and i can't tell what i can do and what i can't.

about the formula auto fill how to fix that ?

= IF(LEN(C13&D13)<1,"",SUM($C$1,C$3:C13,D$3:D13))

even without the blank cell the formula stop where i copy it not repeated for new rows

we can't use lookup formula so the rows don't get empty and stop the auto fill

and then we don't need to filter the table

best regards

saeed

fill across sheets in number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.