Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up/Down menu Apple Numbers

TIA x Hopefully this makes sense

I am trying to create a Sales Report/Purchase record for my small business on Apple Numbers.

I have created the sheet to have the customers name | date purchased | Item purchased (pop down menu)| Item Cost | Item Cost to produce | Profit

Ive been able to create in the "Item Purchased" column a pop down menu option with a list of all the item we sell but I am wondering if you can 'link' each item purchased to the cost they are/how much they cost to make/profit made.

I have also created in a separate table the Item purchased | Item Cost | Item Cost to produce | Profit in the hopes I would be able to link them together but I can't figure out how.

I am hoping that I don't have to each time I click the item in the pop down menu (super easy and practical) then have to manually enter in the cost, Profit etc. (not easy and practical)

All in all Is there away to link a FORMULA to a WORD then link that WORD and FORMULA to the pop down menu and it automatically do the rest??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 6:35 AM

From your description it sounds as if you will want to do a lookup. Here is one way:

The formula in D2, filled or copied right and down.

=XLOOKUP($C2,Table 2::$A,Table 2::B,"Not Found")

More on XLOOKUP here.

SG

Similar questions

1 reply

Pop up/Down menu Apple Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.