Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

caldav not working in ical under Mojave

Hi,

I just upgraded to mojave and my access to a calendar of type caldav is no more possible with iCal.

I tried to remove my previous config and tried several times to create a new one but it is not possible anymore : pblm with authentification.

I tried in fanstastical and it just works with exactly the same advanced config : no ssl on port 80.

Anyone can help me ?

thanks

oli

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 12:43 PM

Same problem here. I'm running a CalDAV server on a Synology NAS. Worked perfect on OS X High Sierra and iOS9 to 11.

Now with Mojave and iOS12 it's not possible to create new CalDAV account. The old CalDAV accounts are still working but creating new accounts : problem with authentication.

I tried on an old iPad with iOS9 and an old Mac mini with OS X High Sierra : it's still possible to create and use CalDAV accounts for using it in iCal/Calendar.

Anyone?

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2018 12:43 PM in response to nagoli

Same problem here. I'm running a CalDAV server on a Synology NAS. Worked perfect on OS X High Sierra and iOS9 to 11.

Now with Mojave and iOS12 it's not possible to create new CalDAV account. The old CalDAV accounts are still working but creating new accounts : problem with authentication.

I tried on an old iPad with iOS9 and an old Mac mini with OS X High Sierra : it's still possible to create and use CalDAV accounts for using it in iCal/Calendar.

Anyone?

Oct 8, 2018 3:13 AM in response to RealZoef

+1

It was broken in Mojave beta already and I opened a ticket with the last beta, but so far no reaction from Apple.

I again tested with Mojave when it was officially released, but still the same.. It seems that the authentication process is buggy.

I use the CalDav Server on Synology - all Macs with older OS than Mojave works fine, only Mojave has a problem.

Nov 4, 2018 8:02 AM in response to Boris Boesler

Exactly the same problem here. I'm running a Davical installation on my internal network.

- The calendar of Mozilla Thunderbird and Caldavzap as a webbrowser frontend are both working fine with my Davical. So I think it's save to say that it is Apple's fault.

- My iMac running 10.13.6 was also working fine until Apple screwed up with the security update 2018-002. Yes, I can exactly pinpoint the problem to his update.

- My Macbook Air has never worked with my Davical under Mojave 10.14.1. I don't know if it was fine under 10.14 since I've never opened the calendar app on it before the .1 update.

It doesn't matter how I try to enter the settings in manual or advanced mode. It just fails adding the account.

Nov 5, 2018 7:24 AM in response to nagoli

I have an Owncloud Server running as a calDAV Server. Since the OS-X 10.14 update I cannot access my calenders anymore form iCal. They don' t sync. Same problems with my iPhone since the last update. On mac I have deleted the account and reentered it. The connection works I can see my calenders (the names) in ical, but all the entries don't sync. "The server responded with “500” to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation".

Nov 5, 2018 7:47 AM in response to David Weber

I have Radicale (https://radicale.org/) as CalDAV-server on a Raspberry Pi. After updating my laptop to Mojave I could not sync with the calendars on the server anymore; can't remember the error message. So I deleted the calendars on the laptop. But now I can't even add the server's calendars anymore; something like "could not verify user/password".

So, I updated to Mojave on my MacPro, too, because after the Security Update syncing failed as well. Now, I can't sync my still existing calendars with the calendars on the server: "can't verify user/password"...

Nov 19, 2018 8:53 AM in response to Boris Boesler

Yes, as others pointed out syncing works if SSL is enabled and working - but SSL is optional, not mandatory.

Finally, I enabled SSL on the Radicale server (I tried to enable SSL for lighttpd several times, which did not work and is the wrong way). Then I still have to visit the web front-end (https://<server-name>:5232) to accept the self signed certificate and voila - calendar and address book sync after adding new accounts with SSL. :-)

Nov 25, 2018 8:17 PM in response to nagoli

I cannot seem to get this working either. I have a Synology DiskStation 916+ running DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 1 with the WebDAV 2.3.4-0025 package installed and running without apparent error. I have a signed certificate for the FQDN of my DiskStation installed and enabled for the WebDAV service. I have tried the Apple Calendar app as well as Fantastical 2 which I also own (using multiple different ports, advanced setup, etc...). I can reach the DiskStation from the internal network and from the external network over http and https. I was hoping to replace my macOS Server app with the Synology but I can't get mail server or CalDAV working. Well, I got outgoing mail working but not incoming. And yes, the firewall ports are open. I'm sure it is something I am not doing correctly but dadgummit! I've spent the better part of a day trying to get this working without success. I will try contacting Synology support tomorrow but the Synology forums seemed not to have any solutions either and those that contacted support were referred to Apple.

Dec 10, 2018 12:13 PM in response to UwefromMars

No luck here. I've added (self-signed) HTTPS to my Apache2 hosting my Davical.

I opened the webserver with Safari so that my SSL-key gets added to the keychain.

Opening https://myserver.local/davical/caldav.php/Username/calendar in Safari: After entering the credentials the server offers an .ics file as a download.

Entering the the above stuff in the advanced settings for a new account of the calendar: There's no more error when clicking "Ok". But I can't see the calendar in the normal window afterwards.

And this behavior is still there after the latest security update for 10.13.6. I haven't tried my 10.14.2 Macbook. But my guess is it's equally bad.

caldav not working in ical under Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.