Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain Access Mojave

Ever since updating to Mojave on my iMac, I no longe see my passwords in Keychain Access...there's nothing. Just a greyed out window. I do see some in autofill in Safari, but nothing in Keychain Access. I know something's amiss, because having updated my MacBook, it's fine. The passwords are there. iPhone too, But on my iMac nothing. I've tried rebooting and switching iCloud Keychain on and off in the iMac, but still not there. I'm running a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015). Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, MID 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 8:53 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 3, 2018 8:59 AM in response to Odegaard

Good afternoon Odegaard,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!I understand you are not seeing any of your passwords in Keychain Access on your iMac. KeyChain Access on your computer and iCloud Keychain are two different things. I'll include some resources below for troubleshooting both of these for you.
Keychain Access User Guide - View the information stored in a keychain on your Mac

1. In the Keychain Access app User uploaded file on your Mac, if you don’t see a list of keychains, choose View > Show Keychains.

2. Select the keychain that you want to view.

3. To see more information about an item, double-click it.

Tip: To view the information in a selected item quickly, click the Info button User uploaded file in the toolbar.

If the item is a key:

The Attributes pane in the Get Info window reveals basic identifying information for an item, such as its name and type.

If you want to see the password for an item, click “Show password,” then enter the password for the keychain that contains that item.

The Access Control pane in the Get Info window lets you determine whether you need a password to use an item. For example, if you select “Ask for Keychain password” for an item, you have to type the keychain password as well as the item’s password to gain access to that item.

Get help with iCloud Keychain​
Take care.

Oct 3, 2018 9:32 AM in response to i_rina

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as switching on View I'm afraid. I have Hide Keychains visible in menu, not Show Keychains...and still nothing. And I can see them fine on my Macbook. It's just my iMac. It's happened since I updated to Mohave. This is what I see (see image) below. Just a grey bow. I've seen someone else post the same problem. Mojave, No entries in Keychain

User uploaded file

Oct 4, 2018 2:26 AM in response to sterling r

Having the same problem on my iMac Pro. Yes its iCloud Keychain and it was already stored on the computer pre updating to Mojave. Keychain is working fine on my MacBook Pro.

It seems that its a problem with the app on iMac, because when you click the 'I' info button on iCloud Keychain it shows the popup box for what must be the first entry on the list, but you just can't see that part of the window (see screenshot). Must be a bug! Pls fix Apple!User uploaded file

Oct 16, 2018 5:07 AM in response to phoreohhphore

Same problem here on Macbook Air, after updating to macOS Mojave the Keychain Access app is no longer rendering its main view (a gray area is shown instead). This seems to be a bug in the UI rendering as I can still access keychain items by entering the item name into the search box and then pressing the "Info" toolbar button.

I'm not sure if this is somehow relevant, but after updating the system I have turned on NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance setting and I have turned off CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled setting.

Keychain Access Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.