Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird banding opening new tabs in Safari Mojave

When i open a new tab in Safari dark mode, i get this weird banded screen. A glitch? Anyone else having the issue? Any thought? Thanks for your help!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 9:20 AM

Good morning aztecwarriordna!

Thanks for reaching out about this issue you're seeing in Safari. I'll be happy to help out.

If you haven't restarted your Mac yet, try that now to see if it clears the issue. If it doesn't, test out to see if this happens in safe mode. Here's some info about starting in safe mode and how it can help with these issues: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If you're still having the same trouble, let us know your findings starting safe mode.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2018 9:20 AM in response to aztecwarriordna

Good morning aztecwarriordna!

Thanks for reaching out about this issue you're seeing in Safari. I'll be happy to help out.

If you haven't restarted your Mac yet, try that now to see if it clears the issue. If it doesn't, test out to see if this happens in safe mode. Here's some info about starting in safe mode and how it can help with these issues: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If you're still having the same trouble, let us know your findings starting safe mode.

Take care!

Weird banding opening new tabs in Safari Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.