Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Could Not Set Up Cellular" alert after canceling cellular service

Hi! I recently canceled the cellular service add-on for my Apple Watch Series 3 (on watchOS 5.0.1), and ever since then I've been getting an error alert on my lock screen: "Could Not Set Up Cellular: Open the Apple Watch app to finish setting up cellular." I'm getting this alert on approximately a daily basis. In the Apple Watch app's settings on my iPhone X (iOS 12.0), it's showing "Set Up Cellular" as I would expect to see; it's just this frequent error alert that is the problem. I don't want to (re-)set up cellular at all, so I'm not sure why my iPhone seems to think I do.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Any ideas on how to get this error alert to stop appearing? I obviously canceled cellular service intentionally and don't want to set it up again. It's not clear why the iPhone appears to still be trying to.

Thanks!

Watch Series 3 Edition (Ceramic) 42mm, watchOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 10:21 AM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2018 10:10 AM in response to tltltetd

Hello tltltetd,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have removed your cellular plan after canceling the service from your Apple Watch but are still receiving a notification to set up your cellular plan. In a situation like this you may need to unpair and erase your Apple Watch to remove the cellular plan as described in the article below:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

"Could Not Set Up Cellular" alert after canceling cellular service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.