Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Sharing Option in iCloud Control Panel for PC Not Working

Windows 10 PC with iCloud Control Panel installed and the option checked to download iCloud Photo Sharing Albums. Has been working for a long time with no issue, appears to have stopped about a week ago. Logged out, logged in, folders downloaded but no photos. Uninstalled iCloud Control Panel and reinstalled. All Shared Photo Albums downloaded this time but nothing new added to them downloads. I've unchecked and rechecked the option in iCloud Control Panel, rebooted, ensured my firewall is not blocking it, tried a different wi fi network, same issue. Created a new shared album on my phone, added photos, nothing downloads to my PC. Photos taken with my iPhone download pretty quickly to the Download folder on my PC so this is specific to the Photo Sharing albums.

null-OTHER, Windows 10, iCloud Control Panel

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 4:13 PM

It is working now for me, uninstalled iCloud Control panel, updated windows to the latest release, 18252.rs_prerelease.180928.1410, installed iCloud Control Panel and my iCloud shared photo libraries downloaded and update to my PC when I add a photo.

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 2, 2018 11:40 PM in response to Gary_A

Similar problems here. iCloud photo sharing not working for me on windows too anymore. Can’t even get it switched back in after disabling and signing back in. Not sure if it has anything to with windows feature update yesterday 1809. I hadn’t looked at iCloud for a while. Either way Apple needs to address as it seems to be widespread as I asked family and they see same . Prob about time they update the client for windows as it’s been a long long time

iCloud Photo Sharing Option in iCloud Control Panel for PC Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.