Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download latest java for mojave?

I can't open Adobe CS 5 without downloading Legacy Java SE 6 runtime and I can't find it anywhere.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 7:13 AM

I can only speak for the non-activation Photoshop CS3 replacement Adobe offers to CS3 owners when the activation servers were closed. Download Java for OS X 2017-001 worked when installed and allowed me to run CS3 on my mid 2012 Macbook Pro. Maybe it might fail on a different Mac model running Mojave. Who knows?

My answer is a proven suggestion for my Mojave case and a workable option, but it is not meant as a universal guaranteed answer for all Adobe software on all Macs.

Now you know why software companies have a "disclaimer of warranty" in their licenses. They would be in court more than they would be in the programming section.

I do not own Illustrator CS6, so all I can suggest is to try the answer offered by rbs nyc earlier in this thread.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2018 7:13 AM in response to designasaweapon

I can only speak for the non-activation Photoshop CS3 replacement Adobe offers to CS3 owners when the activation servers were closed. Download Java for OS X 2017-001 worked when installed and allowed me to run CS3 on my mid 2012 Macbook Pro. Maybe it might fail on a different Mac model running Mojave. Who knows?

My answer is a proven suggestion for my Mojave case and a workable option, but it is not meant as a universal guaranteed answer for all Adobe software on all Macs.

Now you know why software companies have a "disclaimer of warranty" in their licenses. They would be in court more than they would be in the programming section.

I do not own Illustrator CS6, so all I can suggest is to try the answer offered by rbs nyc earlier in this thread.

Oct 3, 2018 4:18 PM in response to kenfromgreensboro

You may not need to actually have Java 6 installed.

I'm not sure that this will work with CS5, but to get Illustrator CS6 to run on my Mojave Mac (and on High Sierra, Sierra and even earlier), it was a matter of creating a couple of directories in the System folder in order to fake Illustrator into thinking the crusty old Java was installed. The only trick to it is that you have to disable System Integrity Protection, make the changes, and then enable SIP.

To disable SIP, you can google "macos disable sip", but see for example https://www.imore.com/how-turn-system-integrity-protection-macos

And to create the two directories you need, see the answer labeled "correct" on https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1706469 or the January 2015 update on https://oliverdowling.com.au/2014/03/28/java-se-8-on-mac-os-x/

Don't forget to re-enable SIP when you're done.

Nov 26, 2018 2:00 PM in response to dialabrain

Actually, the “out of date” software worked great before Mojave. Most of it suited my needs for scientific work. New versions of the most useful, which offer little in the way of better performance will cost about $1000. So, Mojave does little but deliver a $1000 bill, along with a lot of spinning beach balls. Obviously, Apple has moved their software A-team to IOS.

How do I download latest java for mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.