Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mainstage mixed up my mappings

Long term issue that I'm trying to understand better. Sometimes MainStage will change the MIDI devices that I've assigned to my virtual instruments. For example:

Create 3 different MIDI inputs for some external keyboards. Let's call them A, B, & C.

Create 3 instrument channels, load up some instruments. Let's call these 1, 2, & 3.

Assign the MIDI inputs to 3 different instruments. Route them A=1, B=2, C=3.

No problems here. Everything works as expected.

Only sometimes when I reload the MainStage concert, it will have mismatched my MIDI assignments for the entire concert. So A=3, B=2, C=1 or some other shuffle. I have no idea what causes this, but it has happened to me multiple times now. All my devices show up, only the mappings are wrong.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? What causes MainStage to re-enumerate its list of MIDI devices? Seems like that list order changes, and my mappings get mixed up. Thanks for any insight.

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 1:39 PM

Update:

This appears to caused by the multi-timbral bugs that a bunch of other users are reporting after upgrading to MainStage 3.4. The CPU spike/temp issue is also a big problem for me after the 3.4 update.

Unfortunately I've had to abandon using MainStage for an upcoming show due to these issues.

I recommend not upgrading MainStage to 3.4 yet!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2018 1:39 PM in response to notinachos

Update:

This appears to caused by the multi-timbral bugs that a bunch of other users are reporting after upgrading to MainStage 3.4. The CPU spike/temp issue is also a big problem for me after the 3.4 update.

Unfortunately I've had to abandon using MainStage for an upcoming show due to these issues.

I recommend not upgrading MainStage to 3.4 yet!

mainstage mixed up my mappings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.