Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE battery drain after iOS 12

Just a short message to let Apple know that the brand new iOS 12 had a terrible effect on my battery.

I have an iPhone SE just 1 year old that was holding fine for a day but after iOS 12 update I am struggling to get back home without turning the ‘battery save’ mode On.

I work 9 to 5 and I dont need my phone for it so you might expect it to last the whole day and still have nearly 50% when getting back.

I have tried turning off location services, sweeping out every app from memory and nothing works.

Looking to the new battery graphs I can see that I struggle to have more than 4 hours of use (combining On screen and background activity). That is a joke.

I am pretty convinced is the update as I did not changed my phone usage so please Apple get a fix on this firmware.

Many thanks.

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 1:01 AM

Hi again,

Just wanted to share my battery usage, nothing fancy, web surfing, podcasts but no games at all.

By the way,

my girlfriend has the same phone with the same age and still having this problem. I think is something worth looking at from Apple.

Thanks in

User uploaded file

6 replies

Oct 9, 2018 5:15 AM in response to charleesatch

Apple won't see your comments here. (This is a user-to-user forum.) You can use the feedback page:

Product Feedback - Apple

Personally, I'd recommend installing the iOS 12.0.1 update, if you haven't already. That seems to have improved things with my 6S. And to brush up on this topic, this might be helpful:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Dec 9, 2018 3:08 PM in response to charleesatch

After the flury of iOS updates my SE's battery wouldn't last for long. I tried everything in the forums to fix the issue, but nothing online helped. As I really couldn't use the phone for much I tried the following and the phone's battery life is back to normal.

1. Drain and charge battery to 100%
  2. Place the phone in Airplane mode for 24 hours (wait)
  3. Turn on cellular service (WiFi & BT off) leave alone for 24 hours (wait)
  4. Leave cellular on, turn WiFi on, delete all WiFi networks
  5. Re-establish ALL WiFi networks (especially if you have a dual band router and/or a hidden SSID(s))

...that was my solution and it worked. I went for 24 hour time periods, something less might have been OK. The battery issue with my phone seemed to be WiFi related (just a guess). I had tried just resetting the networks in a previous attempt (it didn't work for me).

Oct 19, 2018 9:27 AM in response to charleesatch

Hi again,

after some research and trial error I have pin pointed the source of battery drain on my case.

The responsible was the feature ‘Screen Time’ that comes with iOS12.

After disabling it my battery lifetime came back to normal.

After iOS 12.0.1 I gave it another opportunity but ‘Screen time’ keeps sucking energy like a thirsty vampire.

I do suggest everybody to do the same until the next update.

Thanks.

iPhone SE battery drain after iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.