Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are they legit emails and purchases??

i keep getting emails saying that someone in Puerto Rico is using my Apple ID to buy apps and extras. I get this emails every week or so how real are they? How do I stop them?

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 1:11 PM

Do they address you by name, or contain spelling or grammar mistakes ? If they are phishing emails you could forward them to Apple and/or set up rules/filters on your email account so that they get automatically deleted.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 1:11 PM in response to Elsa.72m

Do they address you by name, or contain spelling or grammar mistakes ? If they are phishing emails you could forward them to Apple and/or set up rules/filters on your email account so that they get automatically deleted.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Oct 4, 2018 1:16 PM in response to Elsa.72m

The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

Are they legit emails and purchases??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.