Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie freezes exporting

I have an imovie that's about 2 minutes long. I need to export it and put it onto google drive. However, whenever I start the file export, the little pie chart that shows how much has exported stops and doesn't move. I have over 300GB of storage space left, so that shouldn't be a problem. imovie functions normally while it's "exporting". Also: whenever I play the unrendered video, the video lags quite a lot at various intervals. I am literally questioning apple's product quality right now, so I'd prefer an answer quite soon. Anything you know helps!

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), imovie

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 9:00 PM

Hi, owen,

Assuming that you are using an iteration of iMovie 10, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can share out the movie.

It may also be that there is some corruption in your movie that is causing the export to fail. Scroll slowly through your project and look for white flashes, black frames, artifacts or any other evidence of corruption. Remove from the project any corruption that you find, and then try sharing out.

If you don't find any corruption, try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy of the media in your project and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. See if it will share out from the new project.

Finally, be sure that you are waiting long enough for the project to complete the sharing process.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 9:00 PM in response to owen195

Hi, owen,

Assuming that you are using an iteration of iMovie 10, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can share out the movie.

It may also be that there is some corruption in your movie that is causing the export to fail. Scroll slowly through your project and look for white flashes, black frames, artifacts or any other evidence of corruption. Remove from the project any corruption that you find, and then try sharing out.

If you don't find any corruption, try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy of the media in your project and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. See if it will share out from the new project.

Finally, be sure that you are waiting long enough for the project to complete the sharing process.

-- Rich

imovie freezes exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.