Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wake On Lan

Hi.

I am trying to configure my iMac to organize using Wake On Lan. All the part of the configuration of the router is well done, in the same network there is a PC in which the activation works correctly. It was read on the Internet, but the options that indicate that you have to activate in the "Economizer" of the "System Preferences" are higher than me (10.13.6).

Someone who can help me out? Is this option possible?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), 2015

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 2:50 PM

10 replies

Oct 8, 2018 6:04 AM in response to Saszalez

Than you that is useful information that you omitted. I don't believe Mac OS has the ability, however you can set a time for it to start up in the Energy Saver settings.

The EtreCheck report indicated 2 things, the HD is failing and there is no backup. If you have data that is valuable that is the perfect recipe for disaster. Other than that, the computer does not have enough RAM as it is an entry level machine with only 8GB of RAM and a spinning HD. After replacing the drive (consider using an external SSD) learn to manage the RAM you have by learning how to use Activity Monitor. If you are not familiar with AM please review How to use Activity Monitor on your Mac - Apple Support.

Good luck.

Oct 7, 2018 7:55 AM in response to Saszalez

Saszalez wrote:

I have tried to uninstall Cleanmymac. It did not work either. I tried a friend's MackBook Pro on my home network. It did not work either.

Locate the developers instructions for uninstalling and uninstall. This may require re-installing as this app is considered malware and is 100% useless as are all, repeat ALL cleaning, antivirus and other third party maintenance apps. If you cannot uninstall then you will need to do a format and erase and start over. Mac OS is extremely secure and will remain so if simply kept up - to - date, it's when users begin modifying it by adding worthless apps that they begin running into problems.

Oct 7, 2018 10:50 AM in response to Saszalez

Then it is likely there is no LAN activity. There is nothing wrong with Mac OS, however you may have a setting off somewhere or you have installed something on the computer. Please do the following:

Please post an EtreCheck report of your system and we can look for any obvious issues. Please click the link, download and run the app and then post the complete report it produces as your reply to this message.

wake On Lan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.