Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to take Live Photo on new iPhone 6

I took 1 Live Photo on my new iPhone 6 but can’t do it again , how do I do it?

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 5:32 PM

8 replies

Oct 6, 2018 7:00 PM in response to Cheshu

If you have an iPhone 7, read below:

Take a Live Photo

A Live Photo captures what happens just before and after you take your photo, including the audio.

1. On models that support Live Photos, choose Photo mode.
  2. Tap "circle icon" to turn Live Photos on (yellow is on) or off.
  3. Tap the shutter button to take the shot.

You can edit Live Photos in the Photos app. In your albums, Live Photos are marked with “Live” in the corner.

1. https://help.apple.com/iphone/12/#/iphf71c128bd

Oct 6, 2018 7:00 PM in response to Cheshu

When you open the Camera app, you'll a row of small control symbols running across the top (in upright or portrait mode) or the side (in landscape mode) of the screen: lightning bolt symbol, "HDR," and then a round icon that looks a bit like a bull's eye. If that symbol is yellow, then Live Photos is turned on. Tap it to toggle it on and off.

Full details: Take and edit Live Photos - Apple Support

Oct 6, 2018 8:27 PM in response to Cheshu

Sorry, but you first stated you had an iPhone 6, which we indicated could not take Live Photos. Then you stated it was an iPhone 7, then you stated it was an iPhone 6.

If it is an iPhone 6, then it cannot take Live Photos. If you have a camera that can take Live Photos, there is a Live Photo icon in the top center of the camera that displays when you are taking regular photos (not Portrait). It is the same icon you are seeing on the one photo you have that is a Live Photo. If that icon is white, then Live Photo is not turned on for that photo. If it is yellow, it is turned on for that photo. You can set it so that the setting defaults to either Live or normal in Settings>Camera.

Best,

GB

How to take Live Photo on new iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.