Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mark A Take While Recording...?

Hello all,
I was reading the manual and came across the chapter "Mark takes while recording" (under the "Advanced Recording Techniques" section). So i set up the key command and tried recording takes and then used the key command on a selected take... I don't understand how it works, for the manual gives one just that much information. It says "This command places a tag in the current take, at the position the keyboard shortcut was used". But nothing seems to happen when i use the shortcut! I know I'm totally missing something here!
Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 4:18 AM

I just tried this incomprehensively complicatedly named command (Select Previous Section for Realtime Comping? Say what now? If it is meant to mark something, why not call it "Mark This Take"?), and what it appears to do is make a split (like the scissors tool does) at the point you use the key command. It also doesn't work on the very first take, only on subsequent takes (which does make some sort of sense, I guess). But I rather fail to see the usefullness. It seems more intuitive to use color codings to mark the "better" takes.

It looks like this:
User uploaded file

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2018 4:18 AM in response to faraazfk

I just tried this incomprehensively complicatedly named command (Select Previous Section for Realtime Comping? Say what now? If it is meant to mark something, why not call it "Mark This Take"?), and what it appears to do is make a split (like the scissors tool does) at the point you use the key command. It also doesn't work on the very first take, only on subsequent takes (which does make some sort of sense, I guess). But I rather fail to see the usefullness. It seems more intuitive to use color codings to mark the "better" takes.

It looks like this:
User uploaded file

Mark A Take While Recording...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.