Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a glitch with swiping screen recordings?

When you take a screenshot, swiping right on the preview saves it to your default path.

However, when you screen capture with Cmd + Shift + 5, the preview doesn't go away on its own but swiping right will delete the entire recording.

Apple even says it's supposed to save after swiping.

To adequately save, you must click on the thumbnail and do Cmd+S.

I lost a two-hour recording on my college proctored examination.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 3:17 PM

I can't replicate what you describe. It works as advertised for me.

I'm not sure what would cause the problems you are having. I didn't see any settings that would alter the behavior like you are seeing.

Try it from another user account and try it from your normal account while booted into Safe Mode. If there is something causing the problems, those steps will help to determine where it might be.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 3:17 PM in response to doctor_denise

I can't replicate what you describe. It works as advertised for me.

I'm not sure what would cause the problems you are having. I didn't see any settings that would alter the behavior like you are seeing.

Try it from another user account and try it from your normal account while booted into Safe Mode. If there is something causing the problems, those steps will help to determine where it might be.

Is there a glitch with swiping screen recordings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.