Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do they charge me for free apps and they took money out my account

App Store keeps asking for billing info and still taking money out of my account

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 4:46 AM

You are not charged for free apps, and any payed items are documented in your Purchase History. Any item in your purchase history, even free apps, has been your action to buy/get it. Free apps may ask for subscription money, but again, this is based on your action to accept that deal. If you decline the subscription offer, then you will not be charged. If you change your mind about the usefulness of a subscription, then you can cancel it, so that it won’t renew for a next period.

Your Apple ID account does need valid billing info, including address, even if the standard payment method is ‘None’.

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Create or use your Apple ID without a payment method - Apple Support

If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2018 4:46 AM in response to ernest182

You are not charged for free apps, and any payed items are documented in your Purchase History. Any item in your purchase history, even free apps, has been your action to buy/get it. Free apps may ask for subscription money, but again, this is based on your action to accept that deal. If you decline the subscription offer, then you will not be charged. If you change your mind about the usefulness of a subscription, then you can cancel it, so that it won’t renew for a next period.

Your Apple ID account does need valid billing info, including address, even if the standard payment method is ‘None’.

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Create or use your Apple ID without a payment method - Apple Support

If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Why do they charge me for free apps and they took money out my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.