Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder / Search Not Bringing Up .psd Files

Hello.

Recently Finder has stopped showing search results for my Adobe .PSD & . EPS files.

This seems to have started recently, my hardware has remained constant for several years, and the only upgrade done was updating to High Sierra from a previous version of OSX. This search issue had been working fine just after the update. Not sure if an automatic patch is the cause of this problem.

All my files are stored on a Drobo device connected directly to the machine via Firewire.

What steps can I take to get my Finder searches to once again start showing my .PSD and .EPS files.

Thank you.

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 8:55 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Oct 8, 2018 9:40 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for the assistance however none of those options have helped. I actually came upon these and tried them before making my post.

See screenshots attached:

Here are my Spotlight prefs.

User uploaded file

Here are my Finder prefs.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Here are some search results.

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file
And finally here is the Image/.PSD that I found manually and know where it is. 13th down from the top.
User uploaded file

Oct 8, 2018 10:54 AM in response to dialabrain

Update: Problem solved.

I ran the full gamut of options.
- Updated Drobo Firmware

- Updated Drobo Dashboard

- Added, the removed the Drobo to Privacy List Under the Spotlight settings

- A Few reboots later and voila...its working again.

Albeit the search hung for a long time before results started showing up, but they showed up.

Thank you for the help.

User uploaded file

Oct 8, 2018 9:55 AM in response to CZ_Gil

Ensure that in System Preferences : Spotlight : Search Results, that you have at least Documents, Images, and Other selected. I have all of the categories selected.

Set your Finder preferences General to New Finder windows show: Your short username with house icon. Set the Finder Preferences Advanced to When performing a search: Search the Current Folder.

From Spotlight or a normal Finder window search panel, the following will find all .psd or .eps:

kind:image +.psd OR kind:document +.eps

Oct 8, 2018 9:55 AM in response to dialabrain

I leaning in that direction too.

As I mentioned though, my hardware hasnt changed in several years.

Drives on the Drobo seem healthy.

Can it be the Index perhaps?

I dont know exactly how the Drobo works other than it partitions your data in such a way to keep them from being useless or unrecoverable in one drive fails.

Finder / Search Not Bringing Up .psd Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.