Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EPS previews all missing on High Sierra

I recently bought a new iMac 27", had everything migrated over from my time machine backup. My old system was El Capitan, the system on the new Mac is High Sierra 10.13.6.

Whereas in the past I've always been able to see previews of all file types in the finder and using quickview (jpeg, tiff, png, eps, etc), now previews of eps files are missing, everywhere. All I can see is the generic eps icon. All other file types can be viewed as usual (see image below). This is a serious problem for me, as I have zillions of eps files and certainly can't open each one to see what it is--I shouldn't have to!

I've searched for an answer to this and although I've found examples of the same problem, no one has a solution, that I can find. I'm not sure if this is some glitch in my own system, or with High Sierra in general, or something to do with my new iMac. Can anyone help me?

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 12:41 PM

Not my experience under a fully updated High Sierra system, as long as not on iCloud Drive:

User uploaded file

Apply any outstanding updates to High Sierra, and then Boot into Safe Boot mode, and then reboot normally. See if .eps files now image correctly in Finder, and Quick Look.

Similar questions

2 replies

EPS previews all missing on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.