Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Audio Lag

Since updating all my devices to IOS 12 and now 12.0.1, there’s audio lag between iphone or ipad and any make of Bluetooth headphones. I’ve rebooted and restarted everything multiple times but the lag persists. Sometimes the lag time is a minuscule but nonetheless annoying amount and other times by several seconds.

Anyone dealing with the same issue? Solutions/Fixes?

Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 5:20 PM

Greetings anitajean,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you notice audio will lag while connected with a Bluetooth headset on your iPhone and iPad.

Have you had a chance to check for Bluetooth interference? The following guide provides helpful information regarding Bluetooth interference: Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference

I also suggest unpairing the Bluetooth accessory, pair them together again, and see if the issue persists. You can see those steps from the following guide: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2018 5:20 PM in response to anitajean

Greetings anitajean,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you notice audio will lag while connected with a Bluetooth headset on your iPhone and iPad.

Have you had a chance to check for Bluetooth interference? The following guide provides helpful information regarding Bluetooth interference: Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference

I also suggest unpairing the Bluetooth accessory, pair them together again, and see if the issue persists. You can see those steps from the following guide: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

Bluetooth Audio Lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.