Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New or Refurbished

how will i know if my iPhone X is a brand new or a refurbished?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 5:37 PM

Buy it from Apple, or an authorized Apple reseller. But note that the X is discontinued, so Apple won't have any but there may be some left in the authorized reseller supply chain. Buying from any other source is surely not going to be a new device.

9 replies

Oct 9, 2018 5:48 PM in response to rockmyplimsoul

actually i just watching you tube and i noticed on some videos that there is a refurbished iPhone X by checking the model no and i checked it already, if your model no starting from M it means your phone is brand new and if it is F in means refurbished and if it is start with N means your iPhone X is a replacement but the sad thing is i pay it as brand new phone but they fool me to giving a refurbished iPhone X were can i complain this things?

Oct 9, 2018 6:04 PM in response to deggie

that the thing what my concern is the model no. on the iPhone box that i bought is different from the iPhone itself. Suddenly i complain it to them then they told me to report it from Apple Center once apple center have a feedback regarding my iPhone whether it is Brand New or Refurbished at that time they will change the unit with Brand New but the problem is i cant contact apple center because here in Suriname there is no Apple Center. Can you help me about this?

Brand New or Refurbished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.