Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not like your new I book format, difficult to use

makes it difficult to find and purchase the book I wan

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 6:18 PM

10 replies

Oct 13, 2018 2:17 AM in response to Yer_Man

That does not get past the fact that books are now just stored in some gigantic heap on the floor which takes a lot more effort to sort and get into the respective bookshelves by making use of the list function; you would think the code writer could have added a column to allow the user to list the collection names; rather than some of the other useless information which I doubt most people even know exists. When you have a lot of books it is essential to have some sort of filing system. Even sorting by most recent provides a rubbish answer and is a mix based on what kind of metric - who knows because it does not make sense.

Oct 13, 2018 3:09 PM in response to Andrefromsa

Agreed, for the life of me I can't see why the most excellent iBook app was changed to this current mess. It certainly will not promote book purchases and downloads.

I've downloaded (bought) close to a thousand books from the Apple Bookstore and often had many in my current reading list (you used to be able to name your own lists). Also many sample books may reside there. There is NO WAY that the search function would be of use unless you had all of that memorized. H@ll, I might not be able to tell you the name of the book/s I finished last week let alone all of the unfinished/unread/sample books!

Bill

Do not like your new I book format, difficult to use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.