Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps asking for password on MacBook

On my brand new Macbook - running MacOS 10.13.6 - iTunes is popping up with a window that asks me to "Sign in to the iTunes Store" over and over again.

If I press cancel it pops straight back up, if I enter the right password it pops straight back up, the only way to stop it is to force quit iTunes. I know that the password I am entering is correct because when I enter the wrong password, i get the red messaging that my password is incorrect.

All iTunes menus are unavailable to me when I can't log in.

I've seen similar issues on this forum but all solutions rely on being able to use iTunes drop down menus, they are all greyed out for me no matter what password I use. Completely unworkable, please help.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 4 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 7:11 PM

You could try to see if Safe mode on start-up would help sort out the underlying cause

of this oddity; once you start 'safe mode' you'd enter your password to further access.

• Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

And to exit Safe mode, restart normally. ~ Sometimes this is enough to 'fix' odd issues.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2018 7:11 PM in response to _freewheelin_

You could try to see if Safe mode on start-up would help sort out the underlying cause

of this oddity; once you start 'safe mode' you'd enter your password to further access.

• Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

And to exit Safe mode, restart normally. ~ Sometimes this is enough to 'fix' odd issues.

User uploaded file

iTunes keeps asking for password on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.