Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App won’t transfer onto new phone

i recently upgraded from an SE to an 8 and when I transferred over my data the ivault photo app wouldn’t transfer over as it wasn’t available in the App Store anymore, has anybody had the same issue with this app or something similar that knows how to get it back on to my new phone, the picture of the app is there along with the download sign but it won’t do anything.

Posted on Oct 10, 2018 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2018 12:51 PM

DWA2018 wrote:

i recently upgraded from an SE to an 8 and when I transferred over my data the ivault photo app wouldn’t transfer over as it wasn’t available in the App Store anymore, has anybody had the same issue with this app or something similar that knows how to get it back on to my new phone, the picture of the app is there along with the download sign but it won’t do anything.

I believe that app has been discontinued b/c the app developer didn't update to 64 bit to be compatible with ios 10 or higher.

What version IOS where you on for the SE?

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2018 12:51 PM in response to DWA2018

DWA2018 wrote:

I believe that app has been discontinued b/c the app developer didn't update to 64 bit to be compatible with ios 10 or higher.

What version IOS where you on for the SE?

Oct 12, 2018 12:37 PM in response to DWA2018

Is it a 32-bit app? If so you could temporarily install iTunes 12.6.5.3 (get it from Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support), create a new blank library into which to transfer purchases to recover it, then switch back to your regular library. However that still leaves you with the problem that 32-bit apps won't run on iOS 11 or later, so that doesn't really help after all. 😐

tt2

Oct 10, 2018 12:59 PM in response to razmee209

I can’t be sure but it was up to date before I got my new phone and I’ve only had the new phone for a month. I contacted the apple online help and they advised trying a manual sync of it which I have on an old laptop but it keeps asking me to update the iTunes version which is on this but if I do I’m not sure if it would wipe the app altogether from it. They then advised about trying to contact the developer direct but I can’t find the details anywhere, I’m separate to get this back so any info would be appreciated.

Oct 10, 2018 1:09 PM in response to DWA2018

DWA2018 wrote:

I can’t be sure but it was up to date before I got my new phone and I’ve only had the new phone for a month. I contacted the apple online help and they advised trying a manual sync of it which I have on an old laptop but it keeps asking me to update the iTunes version which is on this but if I do I’m not sure if it would wipe the app altogether from it. They then advised about trying to contact the developer direct but I can’t find the details anywhere, I’m separate to get this back so any info would be appreciated.

Sorry you won't be able to use that app on your new phone. I remember when ios 10 came out there was a bunch of threads in regards to that app.

You'll need to find a way to export those pictures off your SE.

Oct 12, 2018 12:54 PM in response to turingtest2

I would have to double check if it was 32 bit. There is nothing in the app when I open it on an old I pad that’s running iOS 9. I just need to be able to open it or get the version I have sat on my phone on to the I pad, I have no idea if it would work but I’m hoping the data would just transfer over and everting would be there. Does this even sound possible? If I could open it on the I pad I could transfer everything via a WiFi transfer app.

Oct 12, 2018 1:10 PM in response to DWA2018

If the app isn't on the device where the data used to be, then the associated data won't be there unless it lives in the cloud. If it is in the cloud then surely you would see it in your iPad. iTunes keeps a single rolling backup for each device unless you take steps to archive it. I'd be surprised if you have the missing data captured in a backup anywhere. I strongly suspect this is a lost cause. 😐

tt2

App won’t transfer onto new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.