Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not receiving texts from one person

I am not receiving texts from one person. He receives my texts and I receive texts from everyone else. I receive his phone calls and Facebook Messenger messages. I tried deleting and re-adding him as a contact, but that has not helped. Any suggestions? Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 3:03 PM

Thanks for the response. I have checked to ensure that his number is not blocked. I have even tried deleting his contact record and re-adding it...with no luck. Any other thoughts? Thanks again.

3 replies

Oct 12, 2018 11:56 AM in response to amyfromnappanee

Hey Amy,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communites! I see that you're having trouble with receiving texts from a single contact. I can help.

First, make sure that this contact hasn't accidentally been blocked from sending you messages. Here's how to check:

Manage your blocked phone numbers and contacts

Go to Settings > Messages > Blocked.

From these screens, you can add or unblock contacts or unblock phone numbers.

To add a contact from Phone, go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification > Block Contact. Then tap the contact that you want to block. To add a contact from Messages or FaceTime, go to Settings > Messages or Settings > FaceTime, scroll down and tap Blocked, tap Add New, then select the contact that you want to block. To unblock a contact or phone number, swipe left over the number, then tap Unblock.

Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know how that works out for you. Cheers!

Oct 16, 2018 11:22 AM in response to amyfromnappanee

Hey Amy,

Thanks for following up! Deleting the contact and then adding it again is a great troubleshooting step. Did you also delete the message thread with that contact? If not, try that now, then start a new thread with the contact to see if you can receive messages normally again.

Also if you haven't restarted the iPhone yet, give that a try as well: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a good one.

iPhone not receiving texts from one person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.