Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Podcasts & Analytics gone

Hey podcast people

So yesterday some madness happened with our podcast In Yo Mouth. We are using a wordpress/powerpress site through blubrry yesterday we secured our site and migrated episodes to blubrry so that we can submit to spotify.

In doing this all of our episodes duplicated on itunes and now all of our analytics are gone. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this. Have emailed apple but we know how that goes...

thanks

M

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 7:08 AM

4 replies

Oct 11, 2018 8:07 AM in response to inyomouth

Your Store page is at IN YO MOUTH by Muñoz & Marie on Apple Podcasts

Your feed is at https://www.in-yo-mouth.com/feed/podcast

Please always post these when you have a question, to save me having to go hunting for them.

There are 36 episodes in the feed and these all show when subscribing in iTunes. There are no duplicates. In the Store page there is an episode 37 which is not in the feed, and is appearing because the feed has been cached and the episode was previously available. If you don't take any action it will disappear the next time the Store checks the feed, which might be at any time. There are no duplicates here either. I don't have access to your analytics to comment on them.

Oct 11, 2018 1:55 PM in response to inyomouth

It's not clear what you've been up to. You say you changed the feed 'unknowingly'... there is a distinct procedure for telling the Store to use a different feed. If you changed the feed and didn't follow this the Store would stick with the old URL and if there was nothing there your podcast would freeze as of the last time the feed worked and would eventually be removed. That doesn't appear to be the case, particularly as there is the extra episode which isn't in the current feed.

The only way I can see duplicates arising is if when you changed the feed you also changed the 'guid' tags. This would make all the episodes look like new ones, though this would only affect iTunes subscribers who had already downloaded episodes. I don't know how this would work on an iPhone, as I say I don't have one and I'm not familiar with the podcasts app. Probably someone who is will be able to chip in.

Podcast analytics are only available by login with your Apple ID.

Oct 15, 2018 3:14 PM in response to inyomouth

If you still need help with this, please go here:

https://www.blubrry.com/contact/

Click the Select link underneath All Other Inquiries and choose Technical Support. Fill out the form with your questions and someone will get back to you with assistance. We may need account information that wouldn't be good to post on a public forum. (disclosure: I work with the Blubrry support team)

Duplicate Podcasts & Analytics gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.