Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari browser out of date

I am getting constant error messages that "your browser is no longer supported" or :

"your browser is out of date" I am running Hi Sierra 10.13.4 on a 2015 MacBook pro.

I get this in ebay, paypal, craigslist and just now on the apple support page. I sometimes have to use google crome or firefox to get a transaction completed or navigate a webpage. Can anyone help?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 10:50 AM

You have 2 options.

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

And look under

"How to get updates for earlier macOS versions"

This will install the latest updates to you mac. Latest version of High Sierra is 10.13.6

And will have a newer safari.

or

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

This will install the latest version of Mac OS including a new version of safari

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2018 10:50 AM in response to scubaman7

You have 2 options.

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

And look under

"How to get updates for earlier macOS versions"

This will install the latest updates to you mac. Latest version of High Sierra is 10.13.6

And will have a newer safari.

or

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

This will install the latest version of Mac OS including a new version of safari

Oct 17, 2018 9:13 AM in response to scubaman7

The criterion to receive future Security updates, and new Safari version updates with a previous operating system release, is in your case, updating to 10.13.6. After a last Time Machine backup, you can then download and install the macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 combo Update. Once you run this, it will provide all updates since your last 10.13.4 update, and also give you Safari 12. It should not have any impact on your home directory contents.

Safari browser out of date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.