Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud won't install on Windows 1809 October 2018 Update?

Steps taken:

1) Download iCloud software directly from Apple's website onto a 64-bit version of Windows 10 Pro v1809.

2) Double-click iCloud installer to install.

3) A prompt appears stating that iCloud requires Windows 7, 8, or 10 version earlier than April 2018 update.

4) Installer exits.

5) Using compatibility mode on Windows 10 does not help.

6) Changing Registry file to try and trick iCloud into thinking Windows 10 is an older version does not work. (May need to be a different part of the registry).

7) iCloud worked fine on Windows 10 v1809 when updating from the April version, it just cannot be fresh-installed on v1809 for some reason.

Apple please disable the Windows Version check on the iCloud installer. It works fine on the latest update, and there is no excuse for it to not work by now anyway.

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 7:18 AM

Try this solution that worked in my case (Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809)

1. Open Registry Editor: Win+R | regedit
  2. Navigate to the registry path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
  3. Temporarily modify these 3 registry keys:
    • CurrentBuild set value to 17134 (instead of 17763)
    • CurrentBuildNumber set value to 17134 (instead of 17763)
    • ReleaseId set value to 1803 (instead of 1809)
  4. Install iCloud: iCloudSetup.exe | when finished, do not restart yet
  5. Restore initial values of the 3 keys (step 3)
  6. Restart PC and complete setup of iCloud

For Windows 10 in 32-bit version, the path is: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

...Welcome back to the clouds 🙂

33 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2018 7:18 AM in response to Khyrdantai

Try this solution that worked in my case (Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809)

1. Open Registry Editor: Win+R | regedit
  2. Navigate to the registry path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
  3. Temporarily modify these 3 registry keys:
    • CurrentBuild set value to 17134 (instead of 17763)
    • CurrentBuildNumber set value to 17134 (instead of 17763)
    • ReleaseId set value to 1803 (instead of 1809)
  4. Install iCloud: iCloudSetup.exe | when finished, do not restart yet
  5. Restore initial values of the 3 keys (step 3)
  6. Restart PC and complete setup of iCloud

For Windows 10 in 32-bit version, the path is: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

...Welcome back to the clouds 🙂

Oct 24, 2018 10:55 AM in response to reiichiroh

i already found a solution for my problem. for all if you have same problem with me please follow instruction as inform at this link : If you see a 'Windows Installer package' error message when you try to reinstall or remove Apple software - Apple Suppor…

after i follow instruction from that link, still i do installation using icloud 7.7 and follow sugestion from "iglTums" by changing the registry.

thank you all.

Oct 15, 2018 12:55 AM in response to igITums

Thanks a lot! That cleared the way for the installation. However, in my case it ended with the following message: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor". Finally, the process was rolled back and aborted - iCloud not installed. Any ideas why?

Oct 18, 2018 7:17 AM in response to Jerry_D

After the registry changes and running repair on the Apple components in Contraol Panel I still had the same message. I tried uninstalling Bonjour and it said I needed to close the browser with the Apple iCloud download page. I closed the browser and was able to uninstall Bonjour. Then I successfully ran iCloudSetup.exe as Administrator.

Oct 24, 2018 10:29 AM in response to adityamohawks

the download of the 7.6 installer you have is either corrupt/incompelte or the behind-the-scenes temporary files/folders is incomplete/partial or still has the partial failed 7.7 installer files.

often you need to clean your temporary folders/files before rebooting and retrying the installer. using something like ccleaner free or the built-in windows disk cleanup: Delete temporary files using the Disk Cleanup utility (Windows 7 and Vista)

Oct 27, 2018 11:06 AM in response to Khyrdantai

For some reason my last post about this didn't appear... anyway:

I tried the original fix, although this fooled the installer the installation rolled back right at the end (problem with installer package).

I then tried removing Bonjour and all the other Apple related apps. Still no joy.

Tried downloading and installing iCloud 7.6 - same problem - install package error at the end of the installation.

Hopefully Apple will get a fix sorted soonish!

Nov 9, 2018 10:35 AM in response to igITums

Can someone give me a quick primer on navigating to that HKLM header? I have done a search in the registry, typed in that entire string exactly as it's written: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and the search comes up with nothing. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit v 1809. (And, like others, iCloud still worked fine after I upgraded to v 1809, but it will not do a fresh install. )

thanks

Nov 18, 2018 4:06 AM in response to darKare

As I previously suggested, better stay with 7.6, as there are incompatibilites with later versions, see below from mspowersuser:

Apple has identified an incompatibility with iCloud for Windows (version 7.7.0.27) where users may experience issues updating or synching Shared Albums after updating to Windows 10, version 1809. Users who attempt to install iCloud for Windows (version 7.7.0.27) on Windows 10, version 1809 will see a message stating that this version of iCloud for Windows isn’t supported, and the installation will fail.

To ensure a seamless experience, Microsoft is blocking devices with iCloud for Windows (version 7.7.0.27) software installed from being offered Window 10, version 1809 until this issue has been resolved. We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update Now button or the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft software download website until this issue is resolved.

Next Steps: Microsoft is working with Apple to provide a compatible version of iCloud for Windows 10, version 1809 in an upcoming release.

Nov 18, 2018 7:10 AM in response to darKare

The view from this mspoweruser is simply scapegoating, non-sense finger pointing...as it was the first release of Windows 1809 was a disaster which stood for several weeks (until Oct and Nov patches came out). It's more likely that Apple tries to protect its user by not letting user with Windows 1809 installed. Nonetheless, the simple trick of pretending on Windows 1803 worked well and now both of them (1809 with Nov patches and Icloud 7.7) work well together.

Nov 30, 2018 7:13 AM in response to Khyrdantai

Using 2 different Outlook Accounts on my Win 10. Installing icloud for this version on my PC. I dont get the option to allow one Outlook accout to stay on my PC and the other to get saved to the icloud. I have one account for business and one for personal stuff- I dont want my business account and personal accounts to be accessible by Apple's icloud. Too much security risk. How do I make this change? Delete this info from the icloud?

iCloud won't install on Windows 1809 October 2018 Update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.