Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud keeps pop up for password

I got macbook pro on high sierra 10.13.6. Since the last time I change my mac's password, icloud keeps pop up to ask for my icloud password. I input my password like dozen of times over last 3 months and it never worked. My know my icloud password since I use it all the time on my iphone; and it is not about internet connection in office since I try it in many places, in office, at home, with 4G cellular network. It just keeps pops up to ask for my icloud password. What can I do now?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 7:46 PM

Are you signed into System Preferences/iCloud when the popup happens?

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned fromKurt Lang

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2018 7:46 PM in response to enidc

Are you signed into System Preferences/iCloud when the popup happens?

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned fromKurt Lang

Oct 12, 2018 10:07 PM in response to enidc

Open system preferences , click on iCloud post a screen shot of the window what is the status of keychain box , also the pop up window prompting to enter your iCloud password , before posting hide your mail address and photo see this article to hide the image Extract an image or remove a background in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

Are you using secondary authentication or two factor authentication Apple ID account .

icloud keeps pop up for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.