Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2018 keyboard wearing out already

Hi!

Now this is crazy one 😉 I've got my made-to-order 2018 MBP15 about two months ago and already I have few keys wearing out. Does anybody have similar issue?

Of course it seems that this is to be replaced on warranty but here - in Poland - this means that I have to send notebook for repair and basically stop working for 2 weeks since I'll get it back.

I *DO* know that I have great "luck" with buying anything that's more expensive (in last months I've got broken new Ford, broken iPhone XS Max and this MacBook) but that is a little bit too much for me 😀

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Mojave (10.14), null

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 8:51 AM

I have the same issue with the A and the E keys on my 2016 MacBook Pro but it took over a year for significant wear. Also had the same thing in the same time with a 2012 MacBook Air. They are among the most frequently used keys but have never had the issue on non-Apple devices.

2 replies

MacBook Pro 2018 keyboard wearing out already

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.