Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore safari time machine

Hi,

How can I use Time Machine to find about 40 Safari tabs I lost when I accidentally closed the window but didn't realize it for a couple of weeks?

Thanks!

macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Safari 12.0

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 11:37 AM

If you are syncing with iCloud, you can try restoring the iCloud tabs.db files. There are 3 of them. If you restore them, that will remove the existing iCloud tabs.

Enter Time Machine and go to a backup where the tabs were open. Paste the below into the search bar and then restore the three files.

~/Library/Safari

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2018 11:37 AM in response to BillMcD

If you are syncing with iCloud, you can try restoring the iCloud tabs.db files. There are 3 of them. If you restore them, that will remove the existing iCloud tabs.

Enter Time Machine and go to a backup where the tabs were open. Paste the below into the search bar and then restore the three files.

~/Library/Safari

Oct 12, 2018 12:07 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you. I went into Time Machine to a date I thought would have the tabs. I went to Library/Safari and found the three files. I highlighted all three and clicked" Restore." Assuming I did the right thing, where will the tabs appear? They're not in any of the Safari windows that were open before I entered Time Machine.

Thanks again.

restore safari time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.