Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X OLED Screen Burn in

Hi, I started to have shadows or "burn in" effect on my iPhone X OLED screen. I didn't notice it until I used a white background or using note app. Then I realised that there some sort of shadow of icons still showing on the screen. I did a screen capture but it didn't showed in the photo taken. My iPhone X is still within warranty and I wonder if anyone had this issue and what should I do next. Appreciate the help. Thank you.

iPhone X, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 3:43 PM

See "OLED Technology" here. Perhaps what you're seeing is normal.

About the Super Retina display on your iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max - Apple Support

7 replies

Oct 12, 2018 4:00 PM in response to sberman

I don't think its normal. My usage is like any other users day to day etc. I had the auto-lock screen enable and my background wallpaper screen are dark images. Apple claimed that they have the best iPhone X OLED screen that can prevent burn-in effect. Maybe my iPhone X screen is defective after all. I do not know this yet and I will contact Apple Support and let them take a look.

iPhone X OLED Screen Burn in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.