Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not opening on OS X El Capitan

HI,

I am using a mid-2011 iMac operated by OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.16, and in the last few days can’t open the iTunes application (Supposed to be Version 12.8). At the beginning the “Updating iTunes Library” window just kept buffering for hours, and in the last few times the icon on the dock just popped for a while and freezed without opening the app.

I tried the following methods I’ve found online, but unfortunately none of them improved a thing:

-Restarting the mac (including unplugging from power).

-Uninstalling the iTunes app and reinstalling it from the Apple website.

-Deleting the ”iTunes Library Genius.itdb” file From the iTunes folder on Finder.

-Opening the ITunes app both on “Safe Mode” (by clicking the cmd+option keys while opening it) and with the option to manually choose my library file (by just clicking the option key).

-I’ve also tried to check about upgrading my operating system but Mac Os Mojave is not support on my model and the option to upgrade to Sierra from an unofficial webs didn’t quite appeal to me...

I‘m asking for help, whether you’ve experienced this issue yourself or wether you have any idea of other soloutions for this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 2:39 PM

FWIW, You can get High Sierra from Apple but I don't know if it will solve your problem.

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

iTunes not opening on OS X El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.