Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought this ipad air mini i did a factory reset by using itunes but it said it is still link to icloud I do not know the old owners password and login I cant get him to call me back to get it how to I get pass this ahd reset with new passcode

i bought this ipad air mini i did a factory reset by using itunes but it said it is still link to icloud I do not know the old owners password and login I cant get him to call me back to get it how to I get pass this and reset with new passcode

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 2:30 PM

Sorry, there is no way to bypass activation lock without the assistance of the previous owner. If you purchased the device through a 3rd party such as eBay you may want to try to get a refund. More information: Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply

i bought this ipad air mini i did a factory reset by using itunes but it said it is still link to icloud I do not know the old owners password and login I cant get him to call me back to get it how to I get pass this ahd reset with new passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.