Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro external keyboard stopped working

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 1:56 PM

Hi there, Tingalpa!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with your external keyboard not working with your iPad Pro and I’m happy to help! Pleas check out this article with steps to follow to Use your Smart Keyboard with iPad Pro. Specifically:

Get help

If your iPad Pro doesn't detect your Smart Keyboard or you see an "Accessory not supported" alert on your iPad Pro, make sure there's no debris or plastic covering on the Smart Connector pins on the keyboard or the Smart Connector on the iPad Pro. Also, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your iPad Pro and Smart Keyboard are in the Type position and that you have the latest version of iOS.
  2. Remove the Smart Keyboard from your iPad Pro.
  3. Restart your iPad Pro.
  4. Reconnect the Smart Keyboard.

Let me know the results and have a wonderful day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2018 1:56 PM in response to Tingalpa

Hi there, Tingalpa!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with your external keyboard not working with your iPad Pro and I’m happy to help! Pleas check out this article with steps to follow to Use your Smart Keyboard with iPad Pro. Specifically:

Get help

If your iPad Pro doesn't detect your Smart Keyboard or you see an "Accessory not supported" alert on your iPad Pro, make sure there's no debris or plastic covering on the Smart Connector pins on the keyboard or the Smart Connector on the iPad Pro. Also, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your iPad Pro and Smart Keyboard are in the Type position and that you have the latest version of iOS.
  2. Remove the Smart Keyboard from your iPad Pro.
  3. Restart your iPad Pro.
  4. Reconnect the Smart Keyboard.

Let me know the results and have a wonderful day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.