Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it okay to use rubbing alcohol to clean iPhone X screen?

I read somewhere that using rubbing alcohol will kill the bacteria and germs in your phone, but I am not sure if it is safe to use. Is it safe to use rubbing alcohol to clean my iPhone X screen?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 2:49 PM

Hi SmilingD3mon,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you'd like to know if you can use rubbing alcohol to clean the screen on your iPhone X. I can understand why you'd reach out for clarification on this; I'd like to help. It is not recommended or safe for you to use rubbing alcohol, or other household cleaners on your display as they can cause damage. Check out the details below for tips for cleaning your Apple products:

To get started, here are some tips that apply to all products:

• Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, and similar items that might cause damage.
  • Unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
  • Keep liquids away from the product.
  • Don't get moisture into any openings.
  • Don't use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives.
  • Don't spray cleaners directly onto the item.
How to clean your Apple products

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2018 2:49 PM in response to SmilingD3mon

Hi SmilingD3mon,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you'd like to know if you can use rubbing alcohol to clean the screen on your iPhone X. I can understand why you'd reach out for clarification on this; I'd like to help. It is not recommended or safe for you to use rubbing alcohol, or other household cleaners on your display as they can cause damage. Check out the details below for tips for cleaning your Apple products:

To get started, here are some tips that apply to all products:

• Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, and similar items that might cause damage.
  • Unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
  • Keep liquids away from the product.
  • Don't get moisture into any openings.
  • Don't use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives.
  • Don't spray cleaners directly onto the item.
How to clean your Apple products

Best Regards.

Is it okay to use rubbing alcohol to clean iPhone X screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.