Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID & Password issues

I have no idea why, iCloud stopped recognizing my email along with my password. I have Mojave OS. Please advise.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS Mojave ver 10.14

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 9:34 PM

10 replies

Oct 14, 2018 9:22 AM in response to javedfromashburn

If you'r Apple ID and password is not recognised there could be many reasons if the Mac user change date and time settings in the location , system preferences - date and time , also the location settings are altered , if you change read and write permissions in home folder , guest , shared folder .

Or some times system files get corrupted using unknown softwares , third party apps that are not compatible with Mac , some cleaners , antivirus ...

Secondary authentication is created using Apple ID and security questions and answers , two factor authentication is created by entering in appleid.apple.com with your Apple ID and password and security questions then turning on 2FA , you have to save trusted numbers ( it could be your land line number or a mobile number ) and whenever you sign with Apple ID and password a verification code appears on the mobile after filling up the credentials you can enter Apple ID account and that is secured method ) .

Apple ID & Password issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.