Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

netflix glitch MacBook Pro 2018

Hi,

I have the new MacBook Pro 2018 15'' since last week and I have been noticing issues with the screen flickering or green pixels showing up for a few seconds. I found however that this only happens on Netflix. I watch netflix on safari and it doesn't matter whether it's full screen or not the glitch still comes up. I checked if it could be the subtitles but they don't seem to be the problem.

Does anyone else have this issue? how can I fix it?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Mojave (10.14), laptop is about a week old

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 11:50 AM

Same problem here.

After showing the glitch to the employee in the apple store they thought that it was a graphic card problem, so we had the motherboard replaced. Today I got my macbook back, power it up, log into Netflix... and the problem was gone. Then I realized that I was still in macOS High Sierra, so I updated the OS to Mojave, problem is back. I guess we'll have to use another browser to watch Netflix until the properly fix the bug.

Another option is to turn off the "Automatically switch the graphic modality" option in Economizer. This consumes too much power so it is not really a solution for me.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2018 11:50 AM in response to Karianne@

Same problem here.

After showing the glitch to the employee in the apple store they thought that it was a graphic card problem, so we had the motherboard replaced. Today I got my macbook back, power it up, log into Netflix... and the problem was gone. Then I realized that I was still in macOS High Sierra, so I updated the OS to Mojave, problem is back. I guess we'll have to use another browser to watch Netflix until the properly fix the bug.

Another option is to turn off the "Automatically switch the graphic modality" option in Economizer. This consumes too much power so it is not really a solution for me.

Oct 15, 2018 10:30 PM in response to Karianne@

I’m having the same issue and no one believes me. I’m glad you mentioned that it only happens while watching Netflix I also use chrome if that matters.. but it came as a relief bc I don’t notice it while just browsing so it’s kind of a good sign right??? I hope it’s not the laptop itself. Pls let me know if you’ve found anything to solve it.

Oct 19, 2018 5:18 AM in response to Karianne@

Hi! I have the same problem. I called four times Apple Support, went in store and we reset my MacBook Pro 2018 15". The problem is still there. The employee told me that he looked up and it's a know problem by Apple, they're working on it. Though it only affects computer with a "graphic card". They told me to wait until the next iOS update since it was a connection error between the system and the graphic card. If it persists after the update, they told me to go back in store and they'll see want they can do...

netflix glitch MacBook Pro 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.