Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two cameras, same event, different playback speeds

So me and my friend have filmed the same concert that I’ll edit. He uses a Panasonic GH5 and I use a Panasonic G80.

When I import all our clips to Final Cut and put mine above his on the timeline at the same starting point (when the artist comes out), they quickly get out of sync and my video becomes faster at the end. You can already hear they are out of sync after 5 seconds.

Why does this happening? It’s very annoying to edit two clips that start and end at the same point (beginning and ending of the concert) but the files are different lengths.

Ofc I could just speed up/slow down one of the clips but we have MANY clips.

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 8:47 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 18, 2018 11:14 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

This is the info I could get.. It's in Swedish but I guess you'll understand.

Ignore the length. Let's say he films for one hour and I film the same concert but small clips. When I put my clips above his longer clip (on the timeline), and I match the start of my clips with the same part in his clip, at the end of my clip it's faster and becomes out of sync.

Oct 18, 2018 11:35 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Sorry, here you go!

The multicam thing doesn't make up for my clip being faster/his slower.

Even if we filmed the exact same clip with our cameras, started and ended them at the same time, mine would turn out 4% faster/his 4% slower. I could just slow down ALL my clips the same to like 96,3% but that doesn't answer my question, which is why this happens? I had similar problems with my phone and a GoPro filming for a few minutes and they would get out of sync more and more the longer I kept filming.

Two cameras, same event, different playback speeds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.