Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri slow response and problem with Apple Music

Hi all,

After buying a new iPhone XS and update my iPad pro to iOS 12 i found that Siri stopped working with some of my usual commands for Apple Music.

Example:

”Hey siri play the best music from the 80s”

after 15 seconds she say

“I coulden’t find any music from that decade”.

If i try this on my Mac works great

Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks,

Leonardo

ps sorry for my bad english, i’m italian User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 9:06 AM

7 replies

Oct 22, 2018 6:34 AM in response to godbout

I was just to make a thread about this situation. It worked before iOS12, but now, it's the same: you wait for half minutes and then "the fun starts". Also, Apple Music just randomly loses all my music, my playlists and so on. Or you spend 30 minutes making a playlist and then you push "Done" for saving it, it's not saving it... It's so unreliable product. Came from Spotify, thought that better integration and adding your own music(which is not on Apple Music) makes service beeter than the competition. But fool I was. Now back to Spotify. Waiting for next iOS 12 update, if it's not fixing problems, then canceling the subscription.User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Oct 21, 2018 11:29 PM in response to leoprose

Same here. I discovered this by accident. I usually never use Siri because each time I've tried for the past 3/4 years, it never worked. But my screen starts acting weird (happens every time I own a phone for 6 months) so I tried Siri again. When I asked for some music, or it takes about 30 seconds and says I have no Internet connection (on wifi or 4G, each time the connection works great), or it takes about 30 seconds and find some music but doesn't start it (😂) so I have to reach the phone to press play. 3/4 years after I'm still not convinced at all by Siri, can't believe Apple is eating its own dog food.

Nov 9, 2018 10:29 AM in response to leoprose

I am having the same problem. Siri works fine for everything but Music. When I ask sir to play a station or artist, etc. It gives the same error messages as the folks above.

I have an iPhone XS and IOS 12.1. I've tried a hard reset, that didnt help. I did disable iCloud Music Libary and that helped some. With iCloud Music Library turned off, I can use Siri for one session. But when I try the next day, it fails until I close the Music app and restart it.

This is unacceptable to me because I use Apple Music mostly in the car and on the bike. With Siri, this is a safe solution, and the reason I picked Apple Music over Pandora and Spotify. But without the Siri integration, I may as well use Pandora or Spotify. Pulling out my phone to close and re-open apps while driving or riding isn't acceptable.

Since Apple doesn't seem to acknowledge the issue and tell they are working on it, I am stopping my Apple Music subscription.

Siri slow response and problem with Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.